Well, I only slept until 1 today, and you can pick on me all you want, I don’t care. I feel like I deserve to sleep late. I need to sleep late; it keeps me sane.
I have about a million things to do, but have only done two of them. Sad, I know. I’ve decided to blog instead of completing my tasks. Yeah, that’s procrastination at its finest.
My room looks like someone picked it up, shook it, and put it back down. I’m sitting at my desk and I’m surrounded. Surrounded by piles, and piles, and piles of dirty clothes. Did I mention I loathe laundry? No, I don’t think you really understand how much I hate laundry. I put it off, and put it off, until I don’t have any underpants to wear. Yes, I said underpants. I hate the word panties. Ew. On either side of me there are piles of books, notebooks, papers, etc. One pile of books are those that I hope to sell online. The other pile are ones that I actually found interesting and want to keep. The other pile are the ones that are not worth selling. Dangit. Oh-well. I guess they’ll just collect dust for a while until I can get motivated to take them to Goodwill. My bed is unmade. It always is. I never make it unless my Mom or Abby is coming over. Purses, shoes, earrings, necklaces, pillows, stuffed animals, and a yoga ball also lay scattered around the piles of laundry and books. See, someone once asked me why I never clean my room, and I said if I did, I would never know where anything is. The shirt and jeans I want to wear out tonight are in the dryer. My jacket is on the back of my computer chair. The shoes are under my bed, (where they landed after I kicked them off last night.) the earrings are on the floor beside my fan, and my bra is on the floor in my closet in the corner. See. I know where everything is.
So on my list of things to do besides attempt to clean my room, and do laundry is clean the kitchen, and finish my econ project. Now, wouldn’t you rather waste time blogging instead of checking those kind of things off your to do list? Yeah, I thought so.
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Exactly, I have so much homework to do and I need to read for all of my classes, but I would much rather take two naps and go to my aunts for dessert! Now that sounds like a much better Saturday night to me then sitting and reading for hours on end until I look up and realize its dark out and I haven't left the house today. I seriously think that is the worst feeling! LY!!!
ReplyDeleteDitto! I'm a pro at putting off what I don't want to do. Like now... tomorrow is the absolutely the last day I can pay a speeding ticket...it was a TRAP a completely obvious TRAP... anyway if I don't pay it tomorrow my children's Mama might go to jail. And then there's the online traffic school to avoid points on my record... I have 90 days. I'm not sure I can make that deadline, but I'll give it my best shot!!! On the other hand, I have a twisted love for cleaning. I have to be in the mood, but when I am, I whirl. That's what the love of my life says, I whirl. If something is missing he asks, "Where did you whirl it?" If he's been gone and I've done a knock out job on the house, he says, "You've been whirling!" That's what I do; I whirl. I whirl instead of doing homework, online traffice school, or cooking dinner. It's important to know our strengths and weaknesses, and embrace them. I'll pay the traffic ticket tomorrow, the house will be clean, but I'll be blogging instead of cooking. Chili's and Outback have online ordering! Life is Good!!!
ReplyDeleteHi Meghan! I love your blog! Here's the weirdest thing, I hate the word panties, too. I, like you, refuse to utter that gross word. I also call them the old fashioned underpants. It's kind of misogynistic, I think. We're not calling the men's drawers, panties. I'm gonna try that on a man and see how they like it.
ReplyDeleteGood stuff! Keep it up. Now, if I can just get away from the blogging world, maybe I'll get something done!
Aunt Mel - we are so similar - even down to the speeding tickets! A few of mine were traps too! :) We can whirl together!
ReplyDeleteily
Joann - Thank you! I enjoy yours as well! Some even made me laugh out loud - transformers. Hilarious!! For sale now Men's Panties!! :)
ReplyDeleteMen's Panties! Now that's a laugh out louder!
ReplyDelete