We’ve all been there. That awful place you go when you feel like your whole world is falling down on you and you can’t seem to come up for air. You say to yourself, “How much more can I take?” They always say “When it rains, it pours.” SO true!!! Recently I have been going through one of those rough patches, and I gotta say that things are looking up! I am a self-described drama queen, over-analyzer, and over-thinker. When I am in a tough situation I agonize over every detail trying to pinpoint how I could have changed the situation to be better, not happen, whatever. So, over the past several weeks I have been doing just that, and today I finally had an “A-HA!” moment – everyday, it keeps getting better and easier. My inner-monologue chants, as I smile triumphantly, “The only person I need to worry about is me!” “This is not about me, this is about you!” “I am stronger than this, and I won't let it bring me down anymore!” “Forward!!”
There.
I’m done.
One of my favs:
“If He brings you to it, He will follow you through it.”
mk
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Preach it, Sista! Say it loud and proud until you own it down deep in your soul. Embrace the sensitivity; it's a gift. We are sensitive to tastes, smells, sounds, music, art, words and people. I see myself as a character on Heros, the T.V. show. We have a power; and we are part of a bigger plan. : )
ReplyDeleteSo true, He will follow you through it.
"Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our life, is the perfect preparation for the future that only He can see." ~ Corrie Ten Boom (And she survived the Holocaust!)
What you a drama queen? no! REALLY! haha. LY sis!
ReplyDeletelove the quote aunt mel. ily
ReplyDeleteabba, you're cruisin' for a bruisin'!!! ;) ly