Monday, February 16, 2009

What was I thinking?!?!!?


I miss my blog, or as I like to refer to it as “my bloggy blog.” Actually, most things I refer to have a y on the end. Por ejemplo, Lunchy lunch, stokeity stoked, classy class and so on. haha! :)
I digress.

Operations Management
Accounting
AND a Humanities class

Oh Lord, what was I thinking?? November 2009 is what I was thinking, actually. I finish school in November and graduate in December. I absolutely can't wait to moonwalk across that stage and get my degree and you all better be there holding up signs and screaming for me!!!!! School is definitely not for me. I graduated high school and went on to a community college. I didn’t take the SATs and hated my classes. School was more like a job to me. I was really immature and I didn’t know what I wanted to do, so I grudgingly finished my associate’s degree and catapulted myself into the working world. I liked it better. I got paid. After countless bad jobs, temporary work, and part-time gigs, I got lucky. Dad’s best friend knew of a company that needed someone to answer the phones, make copies, and file stuff, and who better than Meghan?!!?! It’s not what you know, it’s who you know! Three years later I’m still with the same company and moved up from peon to Marketing Assistant and Office Manager!!! SWEET! I decided last year that my luck might run out and that I needed to complete my degree. More than that, I wanted to learn more, I wanted to be challenged; I needed to go back to school. So I did. Enter Montreat College. I LOVE Montreat! I should be their spokeswoman! They have a wonderful staff, awesome professors, and the perfect program for the working adult! I’m very convincing, huh?!!? :) So better late than never, right??? Wish me luck as I finish my last year up!

Now, if you will excuse me, I need to finish my homework. Haha! :)

mk

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you! You have your parents work ethic and an insatible desire to be better than everyone else. I love it! You go with your bad self, girly girl. ; )
    I'll be there to celebrate; don't you worry!
    Love ya and miss ya!
    Melly Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you my, melly mel! haha! :) i miss you so! april 4th can't get here fast enough!!! :)

    ReplyDelete